Thursday, April 01, 2004

article



i have just been reading a few well written articles (here and here ) about user interfaces and Linux in general. I have to say that i agree with both the articles...



Working here in a corporate environment where Windows is the norm, I guess I have become a better hacker. My emphasis is now on using the tool to finish the job rather than any obsessiveness about which tool I use for the job. It's been a very slow zen like awakening, but I guess now I don't care about the horse or the saddle anymore. It's more about the stillness of movement.



So how does it matter wether you can check the source code of the tool or not as long as you do the job with it. If you need the source for a tool to do something with it, go get that tool. Yes. This is quite a schism from the zealousness I exhibited about Linux, but I guess I am a better hacker for the break. The sword does not matter now. Only the fan.....