Saturday, November 08, 2003


Amazing piece





This is a piece my friend Sourajit Boshak wrote... check this out.....

To that person with a soul and who can hear ...............

I have two assets-one acquired and one inherited. They may not be so great that the world will remember. Yet I have.....

The first one is my mind and the other one time, which governed by the theory of relativity comes begging to everyone,may be you also. But I feel both of them are lying idle here,in TCS seepz-cobwebs have slowly started to gather.
I came here with a lot of expectations....but where have I been thrown into....Anyway philosophy shouldn't come between us....But it keeps on coming.

The train journey from trivandrum was melancholy. After such a long period with such lovely people...what an irony....just two and a half months of togetherness and it sees so lifelong........Undoubtedly it will be the best part of tcs.....Any way your old and wicked "Jonny Walker" kept walking through the aisle of the train coach to find an oasis...I think you know what I mean by oasis.....Thirst!!!
Your eyebrows must have been raised.....And a wry smile has appeared at the corner of your lips trying to remember the face of Sourajit Basak......Its a simple thirst....like the daffodils those wait for the first rains......
At last I arrived in Mumbai...........
We had a college get-together on that saturday night.......As usual I drank....Know what? It was just half an hours from the time I landed in Mumbai. And kya Dhamaka yaar.......
Crackers worth thousand bucks just flying in the sky and falling as a rain of colourful light balls...I had never seen them in my entire life......
The next day I went to ghatkopar to meet my friend after fourteen long years....Of course a girl yaar....Many waves have broken in the Mumbai coast....Lot of things have changed..I couldn't have recognized her without any reference.....She has a boyfriend...cry for your friend's poor soul....
Our induction training took place at a place outside seepz....lot of good words...."be a leader","don't bog yourself down as a programmer", "be in the driver's seat","challenges", etcetera.....etcetera......
I was put into boeing project.....but somehow when I reported I saw that I am shifted to a HP project...its on operating systems....don't worry!!! HP didn't make the mistake of letting tcs develop an operating system......Its is boring yaar......
And seepz has so many passes...this, that and so on.....my black shoes have turned brown in order to get them.....and the search is still on...moreover .I am the only one working alone from the group deputed to seepz in our time....pray once again for me,dear.
I really think of all my loved ones when I return home from the whole day's tiredness. It is the moment of reflection. I usually take the highway that runs parallel to the western train lines. So many mercedez,ford,chevrolets whoozing past my bajaj auto......
I sometimes wonder why each of our disciplines that we had graduated is prefixed by "bachelor"..bachelor in engineering,bachelor of science,bachelor in arts....I don't know where I will go....master in technology or diploma in management or master in science....The future is as dusty and uncertain as the mumbai highway road......but I will be forever a "bachelor of Thinking"....no matter what I think......
To end-----
"Some people really find it odd that Elizabeth Taylor had eight marraiges...But we salute her endless quest for perfection"........(Zodiac fabrics ad)




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home